Saturday, April 28, 2018

Week 14

Not much to report this week! We've officially started lab hours for our project. I prepared my file of "scales" for my final project, as shown below:


And I've come up with one final design to execute my project. Ideally, the shape will be like this:


I based my design on a few things. The complicated part about this project for me was finding a stronger basis for my research. The Star Trek Alpha and Beta wiki pages could only reveal so much; there's only a few sentences about any practical forms of lingerie as they appear in the original series, and even pages discussing fabric and tactiles yield limited results. The best I could do was look through the gallery of Klingon images and get a feel of what their clothing was like from there. Of course, despite the fact that this is a show about the future, the show is rooted in 60's and 70's culture. I would be remiss if I only made designs with current fashion trends in mind, so I took a cue from 60's and 70's fashion.

 













__________________________________________ _____________________________

 


I looked at both trends in lingerie at the time, and trends in scifi/fantasy costume design for women. **Amazingly** enough, the two look nothing alike. A lot of early scifi costume designs for women were either weird, suctioned body suits, or these insane glam outfits. I decided to lean more heavily on the latter scifi designs for obvious reasons, though I kept some of the more practical 70's looks in mind. As funny as it would be, I don't think I'd be able to create something with enough structure for pointy 60's boobs.

That's all for this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment