As of now, I have my first 3D model completed! I've spent my lab time in class doing the finishing touches. There's probably going to be an issue with the amount of overhang in my file- I hadn't considered this before I sat down with Thomas and were we setting up my file. I'll have to be sure to file it down well. Here's what the file looks like:
Thomas said he's willing to bump up our grade on our last project if we work on it more. Chances are I won't be doing that in the next couple of weeks since I'm still working on this project, and we're getting briefed on another one after Spring Break. Speaking of the break, I'm planning on working on my second 3D model! I'll update this post later with my process pics, as I'm still not sure what I want it to look like.